CSCT offers two scholarships:
CSCT Merit Scholarship - This scholarship is intended to foster pursuit of a college education in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math by children and grandchildren of current members of the Chicago Society for Coatings Technology (CSCT). Members in good standing are also eligible.
CSCT/CPCA Joint Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to members of the CSCT or CPCA in good standing, or their children. The course of study is not a consideration. Recipients are drawn at random at the CSCT spring meeting in April
There are two separate applications:
One for the CSCT Merit Scholarship and one for the CPCA/CSCT Joint scholarship.
If applying to both scholarships, please complete both applications.
Candidates meeting the requirements below are eligible to apply for both scholarships each year of their collegiate career. However, they may only receive each respective scholarship award one time and may receive only one of the scholarships in any given year. (E.g. the Merit Scholarship award recipient will not be included in the drawing for the Joint Scholarship that year, but may reapply for the Joint Scholarship the following year.) The candidate must reapply each year to be considered for that year’s scholarship awards.
CPCA/CSCT Joint Scholarship
The joint scholarship is awarded to children and grandchildren of members in good standing for at least two years in the CSCT or CPCA, seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Members in good standing are also eligible for the scholarship.
The course of study is not a consideration.
Recipients are drawn at random and will be awarded at the CSCT awards banquet.
The awardee of the scholarship or a representative must be present to receive the scholarship.
Alternate awardees will be selected in the event the original awardees fail to be present when the scholarship is awarded.
APPLICATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE CPCA EDUCATION CHAIR BY MARCH 30, 2020.
Mark Leverone <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Click below link to print application
CSCT Merit Scholarship
This scholarship is intended to foster pursuit of a college education in the fields of science, technology, engineering and math by children and grandchildren of current members of the Chicago Society for Coatings Technology (CSCT). Members in good standing are also eligible.
REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
1. Complete the application attached to this instruction sheet along with the items below.
2. One letter of recommendation is required from a teacher, principal, guidance counselor, or department head or from someone involved with your extra-curricular activities, job, or community service.
3. A copy of applicant’s high school transcripts that includes ACT and/or SAT scores where applicable or college transcripts for those continuing a college degree.
4. A 100-word essay titled “The need for a college education” including how your selected area major can be a benefit in the future. Essay to be limited to one typed page.
5. Applicant must be the child or grandchild of a Chicago Society member and said member is in good standing for a minimum of two (2) years. Members of the CSCT in good standing for a minimum of 2 years are also eligible to apply.
6. Curricula which may be pursued by applicant include science, technology, engineering and math some examples are:
b.) Computer Sciences
c.) Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
e.) Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial, Environmental
7. The candidate must be a full time student attending (or a high school senior registered to) any
accredited college or university leading to a degree in one or more of the above curricula.
8. The grant is for one year and is not renewable or transferable.
9. Award is paid directly to the college or university for application against tuition and fees.
10. Alternate awardees will also be selected in the event the original awardees fail to maintain all the requirements above.
COMPLETED APPLICATION, TRANSCRIPTS AND LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE CSCT EDUCATION CHAIR BY MARCH 15, 2020.
Thor Jondahl <Thor.email@example.com>
Click below link to print application