Two scholarship opportunities are available to CSCT members:
CSCT Merit Scholarship - This scholarship is intended for children or grandchildren of current members of the Chicago Society for Coatings Technology (CSCT). Members in good standing are also eligible to apply if pursuing an advanced degree.
CSCT/CPCA Joint Scholarship - This scholarship is awarded to children/grandchildren of members of the CSCT or CPCA in good standing There are two separate applications: One for the CSCT Merit Scholarship and one for the CPCA/CSCT Joint scholarship. If applying to both scholarships, please complete both applications.
Scholarship Guidelines Candidates meeting the requirements below are eligible to apply for both scholarships each year of their collegiate career. However, they may receive each respective scholarship award only one time and may receive only one of the scholarships in any given year. (i.e. the Merit Scholarship award recipient will not be included in the drawing for the Joint Scholarship that year, but may reapply for the Joint Scholarship the following year.) The candidate must reapply each year to be considered for that year’s scholarship awards. More than one award may be made available for each scholarship, based on available funds and number of applicants who apply, and award amounts may change year to year but historically have not been less than $1,000 per award.
CSCT Merit Scholarship
1, $2000 scholarship to be awarded in 2023
This scholarship is intended to foster pursuit of a college education by children and grandchildren of current members of the Chicago Society for Coatings Technology (CSCT). Members in good standing pursuing an advanced degree are also eligible.
REQUIREMENTS AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANDIDATES
1. Applicant must be the child or grandchild of a CSCT member and said member is in good standing for no less than the most recent two consecutive years. Members of the CSCT in good standing for no less than the most recent two consecutive years are also eligible to apply for their own educational pursuits.
2. Complete the application below along with the items below. (Previous CSCT Merit Scholarship Winners are not eligible to apply. Unsuccessful candidates from prior years are eligible to reapply)
3. One letter of recommendation is required from a teacher, principal, guidance counselor, department head, supervisor, or someone involved with your extra-curricular activities, job, or community service organization
4. Transcripts and Test Scores: High School Students (HS Transcripts + ACT scores and/or SAT scores). College Students (Most recent transcripts + ACT scores and/or SAT scores for college entry. If less than 2 semesters of college, include current college transcripts, High School transcripts, and ACT and/or ACT scores). Member pursuing advanced degree (transcripts from most recent two years education (at minimum) + any standardized test scores required for your entry as applicable).
5. An essay entitled “Why paints and coatings are important in today’s modern society”. Essay should be 1-2 single spaced typed pages.
6. Curricula pursued by applicant may be any course of study.
7. The school of choice must be an accredited college or university.
8. The grant is for one year and is not renewable or transferable.
9. Award is paid directly to the college or university toward offsetting tuition and fees.
CSCT Scholarship committee reserves the right to modify rules and Requirements at any time for any reason. Last Revision Date: 1/9/23
COMPLETED APPLICATION, TRANSCRIPTS, ESSAY, TEST SCORES, & LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE CSCT EDUCATION CHAIR BY APRIL 3, 2023.
Robert Milano CSCT Merit Scholarship Application Nagase Specialty Materials NA, LLC 450 E. Devon, Suite 300 Itasca, IL 60143